Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My ankle and the other side of it of the left foot is

Customer Question

Hello, my ankle and the other side of it of the left foot is swollen since yesterday and also my calf a bit, I thought it’s because I was sitting all day but it has not gone away overnight and it’s still swollen
Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Since last night, well that’s when I noticed it, no injuries
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no, I’ve broken my foot long time ago
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 days ago.

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 days ago.

It can happen after prolonged sitting. I would suggest keeping your foot elevated especially on the pillows while laying down, massaging with upstrokes with warm olive oil and if it does not improve in the next 24 hours then see a doctor for a thorough evaluation to find the exact cause.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 day ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.