Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a swollen face, think it’s an abscess, sore to touch.

JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: i don’t have a dentist, rather fell through the gaps.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: very poor teeth

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

For how long you have this? Can you share a picture?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There was some pain yesterday, I took some ibuprofen, when I awoke this morning it was more painful and swollen.

Do you have any symptoms in your nose? Any toothache?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Little toothache but teeth are bad.

What about the nose? Please share a picture.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Photo, right side of image
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Nose ok

Have you seen a dentist for this? What are your questions about this problem?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I don’t have a dentist, that’s why I’m asking here. Should I book an emergency apt with a local dentist?

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There are two possibilities; Either this is a sinus infection causing face swelling or a tooth problem. In either case, the treatment, to begin with, is antibiotic. I would suggest that you must visit your GP or go to the A & E and get antibiotics. Once this settles, you must book an appointment with your dentist but initially, any doctor who sees you first will give antibiotics. You can continue with the Advil 400 mg thrice daily till then. I reassure you that there is nothing serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Cheers doctor Hasan, I’ll ring my health practice first, local emergency dentist closed for lunch atm.

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards