How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 50140
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now

Im a 36 year old women, and lately i have been experiencing

This answer was rated:

hello there
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: im a 36 year old women, and lately i have been experiencing a lot of different sympthoms and not sure what to do with them
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: not on any medication, but had a Kyleena coil fitted in May last year
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: have more frequent headaches, short of breath, anxious, hot flushes etc first i thought its anxiety but now im not sure
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no allergies i have just finished a course of steroid injections into my keloid scars

Your symptoms can be due to Kyleena coil as it is a hormonal intrauterine device. The hormonal side effects sometimes are manifested after months so these are delayed side effects in your case.

Having said that, your symptoms warrant the following investigations;

1) Hormonal work up.

2) Chest x-ray.

3) Complete blood counts.

4) Comprehensive metabolic phenomenon.

5) Urine analysis and urine culture.

6) Blood culture.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It sounds like i will need to see someone about this in person and get referrals for check ups...thank you Dr

You are very welcome.

Yes, you need to consult either an internist or a gynecologist. Your GP may also get the workup.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Sending good, healthy vibes your way.

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you