Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I suffer with occasional asthma attacks, usually inhaler is

Customer Question

Hi I suffer with occasional asthma attacks, usually inhaler is more than enough. I had a supply of prednisone that I took when it got really bad, but run out of the m and would need a 2 weeks supply
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No, booked appointment, but would need to wait till end of Jan. No medications apart for fish oils, and vitamin pills
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No allergies
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 days ago.

Hello. Prednisone is a potentially dangerous drug and can only be prescribed after an in-person evaluation. In the meantime, if your asthma is flaring you can increase an albuterol inhaler to every 2-3 hours, if necessary. If you have been prescribed a steroid inhaler, be sure to continue this daily and consider increasing it (with your doctor's approval). If you need a respiratory treatment, or to add another inhaler, you need to go to express care or the ER, particularly if your symptoms are severe or you are tiring.