Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Assistant: How can I help? I am suffering from a cheery

Customer Question

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am suffering from a cheery cough that is bringing up clear, occasionally yellow mucus; having shortness of breath; chest pain. The coughing also causes pain around my neck and head. The symptoms worsen at night and I am struggling to get a good nights rest. Please help!!
Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: Not the chesty cough or the shortness of breath. I am also a non smoker and don’t have asthma.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am on anti seizure medication.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 4 days ago.
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 4 days ago.
Hello... I understand your concern.
I need some more information please.
1. How many days per month do you cough or feel breathless?
2. How many nights per month does your sleep get disturbed due to above symptoms?
3. Do you feel breathless when exerting or exercising?
4. Are the symptoms aggravated when there are seasonal changes?
5. Is there any family history of asthma or any other sort of allergies like skin allergy etc.?
6. Does spicy food or heavy meal aggravate your symptoms?
7. Do you have mouth breathing and snoring at night?
8. Which is most predominant symptoms - cough / breathlessness / runny nose / blocked nose?

9.What is your profession please?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.
Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Dr, please see my responses to your questions below.
1) I have started feeling breathless for the last 4-5 days. Previously I had a cold; fever and normal cough.
2) Disturbed sleep for the last 5 days. Otherwise normal.
3) I don’t get breathless when exercising.
4) Yes, definitely feeling more cough In colder climates.
5) My mother has Asthma
6) I avoid spicy food and eat small portions multiple times so don’t notice.
7) I breathe with my mouth and my family members have said I snore at night.
8) Predominant symptom - cough with mucus; chest pain and breathlessness.
9) Profession - Office based. Financial analyst.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 4 days ago.
Hello...thank you for giving me an important information about profession.
By what you say I feel that you have acute exacerbation of wheeze or lower respiratory tract infection (most probably viral) as per GINA guidelines and international recommendations and classification.
It is classical to present intermittently like this.
My suggestions for you -
1. Oral Prednisolone at 20mg thrice a day dose for 2 - 3 days.
2. Inhalers are the newest management strategies for this. I suggest the use of metered dose inhaler is Levosalbutamol or Albuterol and this can used as rescue therapy whenever you are having severe cough.

I don't think a regular daily basis inhaled corticosteroid is needed now.

The technique is very important and very crucial for the drug to be delivered correctly to the lungs. Regularity of medicine usage also matters a lot. So do not discontinue abruptly after you notice some improvement. The technique of administering an inhaler using a spacer has to be taught to you by your doctor and these are prescription medicines. So I suggest you consult your physician for this.
3. Tablet Monteleukast 10mg once a day in the evening at 6pm daily for 3 months.
4. Triggers can be environmental changes/ dust/ talcum powder/ seasonal changes/ un-cleaned a/c vents/ cold weather etc....we cannot specifically say this is the cause - unless we observe closely - best person is yourself.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 day ago.

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani