Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

Assistant: How can I help? I'm not pregnant but my are

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I'm not pregnant but my boobs are producing some sort of milky discharge. What is this? I've never had a child.
Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: Not really
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I came off contraceptive pill a year ago any that's it I don't take other medication

Hello. What is your age? How long has this been going on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
28, I first noticed about 4 days ago
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'd rather just use chat not call

That's a computer generated offer...chat is fine. What you are describing sounds like galactorrhea, This a milky nipple discharge unrelated to the normal milk production of breast-feeding. Galactorrhea itself isn't a disease, but it could be a sign of an underlying problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No problem. What sort of underlying problem?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is it something to be concerned about?

Often, galactorrhea results from increased levels of prolactin, the hormone that stimulates milk production. This may be the result of a problem with the pituitary gland such as a small hormone producing tumor (prolactinoma). You need to have your prolactin levels checked and get an MRI of the brain.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I see. I'm not currently registered with a GP as I just moved. Is this something to address quickly?

I think it would be best to be evaluated as soon as possible. you could go to urgent care and have them initiate the work up. These tumors are typically benign but they can begin to cause other symptoms and hormone imbalances if allowed to grow without treatment.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you. I will look into that. Appreciate your help

You're welcome. Hope all works out for the best. Getting an accurate diagnosis is obviously the first step to getting this treated and getting you back to normal.