the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

My daughter (2 years and 9 months old) has been having

Hi,My daughter (2 years and 9 months old) has been having discharge on her nappy since June 2019. The first time it happened, it looked like blood stained therefore our GP did a urine dip test which showed blood in her urine. She had follow up appointments and was referred to the pediatric kidney specialist. Her blood tests, ultrasound and last urine dip test were all normal so she was discharged.However she continued to have discharge. They are not blood stained and most of the time they look like small amount of her stool. A swab test was done to check any infection and it came back clear (November 2019). I was told that the discharge might be her stool that was stuck around her vaginal area and I agreed as most of the time the discharge was present in the next nappy after a soiled nappy but the frequency of this discharge increased since mid-December 2019 so I took her to our GP again and was told to wait for 3 months.Today, I noticed that a small amount of stool was coming out of her vagina when I was changing her already soiled nappy. I am now concerned about rectovaginal fistula. I can’t book an appointment with our GP as it is night time. What should I do?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am not sure whether this is stool from her nappy that was somehow pushed inside her vagina and coming back out or a case of rectovaginal fistula.

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

still need help?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yes please.

I would absolutely recommend you follow up on this

it is likely a fistula as you say

that needs inspected by a surgeon ASAP

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Is this urgent? Should I take her to hospital or our GP practice?

GP practice

urgent but not an emergency

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you very much Doctor.