Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

My daughter has had reflux since born. She was on the anti

My daughter has had reflux since born. She was on the anti reflux milk but then once started on solids she could handle the first instant milk so shes had that for 4 months. The last few weeks shes started been sick after formula milk again but she is fine after food. Is it too early to take her off formula at 8 months old?
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: She is on lanzaprazole for acid reflux
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: She has also been on gaviscon in the past

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

I understand your concern.

Actually accepting solid and semi solid feed better than liquid diet is very common and well known in gastroesophageal reflux.

In fact as pediatricians we recommend more of semi solid and solid feed, so that it is retained by the kid for growth and development.

Coming to your question - there is no problem even if you take off the formula milk; it is not too early and you can gradually introduce milk based semi solid diet or put her on calcium and vitamin D supplements which are in the formula itself.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani