DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

1. I am a Citizen of Mauritius and I am 60 years old. 2. On

1. I am a Citizen of Mauritius and I am 60 years old.
2. On 15/02/2018, I was diagnosed (at Max Hospital, New Delhi) with Advance Metastate CA PROSTATE and Suspicious Bone Metastasis @ Right Scapula and Right 6th rib.
3. On 17/02/2018, I started ANDROGEN DEPRIVATION TREATMENT (ADT) prescribed by my treating doctor. I was administered with a subcutaneous injection of 240 mg of Antagonist- Firmagon/ Degarelix to be followed by 80 mg injections every 28 days. I was also prescribed with the following:
• Tab Abiraterone Acetate/ Zelgor – 1000 mg (daily)
• Tab Prednisolone/ Wysolene 5 mg (twice a day)
• Tab Shelcal HD (Calcium tabs, twice daily)
• Tab A – Z Gold (Multivitamin tabs, once daily)
• Tab PAN 40 mg (once daily)
4. When I was first examined, my PSA has reached 140 ng/ ml and on 11/06/18, my PSA had fallen to 0. 73 ng/ ml. A new MRI also showed that ‘there was near complete resolution of the necrotic mass arising exophytically from the prostate and extending into the mesorectum. There is complete resolution of the pelvic lymphadenopathy’.
5. I was advised to continue the ADT treatment for a period of 24 months and the doctor recommended that I undergo Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT).
6. I followed IGRT treatment at Max Hospital from 16/08/18 to 04/10/18 as follows:IGRT: Pelvis 45 GY 25 # from 16/ 08/ 18 to 18/ 09/ 18
Prostate 24 GY 12 # from 19/ 09/ 18 to 04/ 10/ 18
SBRT 6th Rib from 01/ 10/ 18 to 04/ 10/ 18
I am still continuing the ADT treatment after 24 months and my PSA is almost zero (<0.008 ng/ml) since Oct 18. I was re-examined by my Doctor in October 19 and he recommended that I continue the same treatment until my PSA rises again, which is bound to occur. I now find myself in ‘a limbo’ and I can’t wait indefinitely for the PSA to rise again.
I wish to be re-examined by your medical team and be advised as to the way forward with my treatment. I wish also to be informed of the approximate costs.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Please read my summary, everything is in there.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i have no other disease yet, thanks god!

Hi, thanks, am reading your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

10 year survival is almost 85% in all stages so you need not worry overmuch. Most such cases die of other causes than cancer. Keep healthy and enjoy.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you, Dr. But my question was: Am on ADT since 24 months and my PSA < 0.008, how long more do I continue ADT?

Another alternative is remove testes bilaterally if you wish to stop drug.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

You are welcome.