Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

I’ve got extreme pain in my ear, it’s not blocked and I can

I’ve got extreme pain in my ear, it’s not blocked and I can still hear ok. The pain is also I’m back of my throat when I swallow. I think it maybe an infection but I’m unsure
Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: I don’t have a fever and since Friday so about 4 days it’s not getting any better I have contacted my own GP but I can’t get an appointment until beginning February
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok

I am typing out a reply and will get back to you in a few minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Hello,Your symptoms suggest that you have a throat infection which is causing blockage of the Eustachian tube - a small tube which connects the throat with the ear. If this tube becomes inflamed and blocked, there will be build up of fluid in the ear which will cause pain. It will not block the ear but pain will be present..Please use a hot salt water gargle twice daily - this may help open up the tube. Also take Sudafed tablets - it is a decongestant and may help decongest the throat tissues and open up the tube.If you still have the pain after 48 hours, please consult your doctor for antibiotics.I hope the answer helped.Please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.Thank you.