Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I felt a bit of soreness at a point on the back of the roof

I felt a bit of soreness at a point on the back of the roof of my mouth. I pressed it and it felt pain which was spreading to my throat kind of felt like sore throat. I had been feeling it with my tongue and felt lots of tiny bumps it is normal or should it be smooth? Quite anxious

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

There are a lot of tiny salivary glands and lymphoid tissue in the mouth and especially on the roof of the mouth. During a sore throat, inflammation of any kind affecting the mouth, they get enlarged and inflamed which results in this uneven feeling. So, this is normal with a sore throat. I will suggest that you start on an anti-inflammatory like Tylenol and saline water gargles.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have a sore throat tho, Its a particular point that feels sore and when I press that point the pain spreads to my throat.

Ok. Thank you.

Might be inflammation in one of the salivary glands on the roof of your mouth.

Keep an eye on how it evolves. Start on the saline water gargling thrice a day.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you. I will do that. Could it be anything sinister? I had been dealing with some weird health problems lately. I am getting itchy and watery eyes when walking outside, would like to point out it has been very windy recently. could the problems related?

Yes, it could be allergic and/or dryness as far as the watery and itchy eyes are concerned and the allergy symptoms can affect the oral mucosa as well. The weather definitely has a role to play. I don't think this could be due to anything sinister.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thank you. I will do the saline water gargling

You're welcome.

Take good care.