the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

My ex partner advised me that his partner 6 years ago and

HiMy ex partner advised me that his partner 6 years ago and mother of his kids has HIV.He advised that he didn’t catch it. I asked him to test on 15th December 2019 the finger prick test was negative and he did a blood test from the vein which was negative,I also tested on the 14th December finger prick and blood test both negative.I was on contraceptive so having unprotected sex fully including ejaculation from 14 th November 19.My question is I was last intimate with this person on the 30th November 2019 and I tested again on 30th DecemberCan I say I’m safe and the results are conclusive ?Would the test have picked up anything from my last encounter on 30th November 19!

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Yes I would say that is conclusive

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We first started having unprotected sex 14th November full ejaculation as I was on contraceptives.Would the test I had pick up anything if there was anything from this timeAlso can u safely say the results won’t change ?The test I had on the 30th December 19 was the p24 Antigen which picks up early infection at 28 days.So last intimacy being 30th November 19, the test I had on 30th December 19 is accurate ?

yes it would pick up

and yes it won't change

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How accurate are the p24 tests?Also if someone was HIV positive would they still test positive even if they were on medication ?

they are very accurate

above 95%

yes they would still test positive

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Him being negative there no way I can have the virus correct ?

correct

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would her viral load have been low for him not to have contracted it ?

yes most likely

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’m not with this person anymore. Do you think I should re-test in a few months ?Can you still pick up the infection of the man doesn’t ejaculate ?

yes just test in 3 months to be sure

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If it’s not going to change, why do three months ?

just to be 100% sure