Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I seem to be only be able to wee small amounts couple of

I seem to be only be able to wee small amounts couple of days after sex and feel uncomfortable this is becoming a regular occurrence now
Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: No and general health ok
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Kidney reflux when younger
Hi. Does it burn when you urinate? Are you going frequently? How old are you?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does not burn this has only just come on and started and I have drank a big bottle of water so I can go for a big wee and I’m 22
At your age the most likely cause of this problem is that intercourse causes a transient bladder infection. Bacteria commonly get into the female bladder after sex. Usually doesn’t cause a problem and is cleared spontaneously. In young women it can cause a uti with symptoms of burning, urinary frequency, and going small amounts. Though one doesn’t have to have all three. It’s recommended to urinate right after intercourse to flush out any bacteria.
One way to prove this is to get a urine culture and urinalysis. Without these I’m suggesting what is the most likely cause of your concern.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What can I do to get rid of this?
Drink plenty of fluids and pee immediately after sex. If the problem continues then your gp needs to order a urine culture and urinalysis.