Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Just a quick question, yesterday during weightlifting I did

Hi just a quick question, yesterday during weightlifting I did something to my thumb. It is now swollen and stiff with bruising on the pad, it's not painful (almost numb) but it feels puffy and tight is this anything i should be concerned about?
Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Just since last night
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Could you please post a picture of it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the picture.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 3-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

This is likely to be tendonitis (tendon inflammation)

The following measures would help;

1) Ice compresses.

2) Keeping it elevated or supported on the table as much as possible. Avoid the arm to hang on the sides when walking or sitting.

3) Local analgesic cream/spray.

4) Ibuprofen.

Avoid weight lifting for 5-7 days.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your help

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.