Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have an enlarged prostate and have been prescribed

I have an enlarged prostate and have been prescribed tomsolosin and finastride. I’m feeling quite sick and have a pain around my liver area.are these normal side effects of these medications?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

For how long you have this pain? Is there any pain on pressing the area? Do you have fever, nausea, vomiting, etc?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Had the pain for a few days,no extra pain on pressing the area and no fever etc.i had a course of antibiotics last week for a suspected uti.was catheterised prior to that for a couple of weeks due to retention.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There can be other possible causes for this pain like it can be due to some liver inflammation, gall bladder inflammation or less likely muscular but it has nothing to do with these two drugs, I would suggest that you should get yourself checked by an ultrasound abdomen and proceed accordingly but drugs are not the cause for this. I reassure you that this is not likely to be anything serious either so don't get stressed. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

:)