Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Have been diagnosed with gastric ulcers (multiple) I have

Have been diagnosed with gastric ulcers (multiple) I have right upper quadrant tenderness , cannot touch it and feels like a dull ache if I lay on my side. Could this be inflammation caused by the ulcers? Not sure whether to get a ct scan for it or not, ultrasound came back clear
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Was admitted to hospital and have been put on lanzoprezole and awaiting biopsy results, pain after eating or empty stomach has gone but this tenderness in my abdomen is causing me a concern
Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
This could be from the ulcers but it sounds more like either pancreatitis or a poorly emptying gall bladder

So you need blood work, the ct scan of the abdomen and a gall bladder HIDA scan to check for those

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had many blood tests and an ultrasound at hospital they said I had no gallstones and gallbladder seemed okay. This abdominal tenderness has been ongoing for two months. I’m worried it’s something sinister. Is there any possible way it could be related as thought ulcer pain would be on the left hand side?

It still could be the ulcers but you'd need the HIDA scan to check for a poorly emptying gall bladder--the ultrasound wouldn't show that

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The dr was going to refer me for a ct scan but a bit concerned about having one as had one for my pelvis under a year ago. Could I request a HIdA scan from the dr before going for a ct ?

You certainly can

Please remember to rate my service to you so I can get credit for my time