Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I have an x ray of my hand, could you please tell me exactly

hi, i have an x ray of my hand, could you please tell me exactly what type of fracture this is
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about the fracture?
Customer: yes they pulled my finger and then have put the whole hand into plaster. i have pictures i can send
JA: Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: no, just the hospital put it plaster nad this is the second week, i am just taking painkillers
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: no nothing, but as I mentioned i have x ray and plaster pictures which i can send to you

Hello. Please upload the pictures you have and I will take a look at them.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I injured the side of my hand on the 05.01.19, I banked my right hand sideways on a table. I experienced sharp pain, and after a while, I was experiencing a lot of pain. the following morning I went to the hospital. x rays were done the doctor pulled my small finger said that this had been dis-located. I experienced extreme pain. the whole hand was then put into plaster and covered with a bandage.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
when can I get an answer
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
When can i hope to receive an answer
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
hellp, when am i going to get an aswer

Do you have the xray or xray report? Can you upload them?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I just have the x rays, not the report. I have sent this before. I attach it again

Thanks. Unfortunately, one cannot tell much from a single view. Do you have the lateral views? What did the report say?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No, that's all I have. Can you please tell me from the x-ray how bad the fracture is?

Did they tell you there was a fracture or just a dislocation?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I can’t remember. The dr did pull my little finger which he said was fractured. Is a dislocation different to a fracture

Dislocation means the bones are out of alignment and this can often be fixed by pulling on it, to straighten it effectively. This will usually heal within a few weeks of rest. A fracture is a broken bone and typically takes 6-8 weeks in a cast to heal. Either way, fractures in this bone are common and generally heal well with the proper treatment, so the prognosis is good.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
From the x-rays do I have a fracture or dislocation?

I don't see a fracture but you would need to provide two views to be sure. How long do they say you need to keep the cast on?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
They did not say how long. but i have to go every week to get it x-rayed. is a fracture worse then a disslocation? is the healing process vary from a fracture to a dislocation?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Also why would they have put my whole hand in plaster, and not a splinter?

Fracture is worse and takes twice as long to heal usually. The plaster cast suggests a fracture. They do not want you to move or use the hand because this will prevent the fracture line from healing properly.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
So, from the 2 x-ray pictures, you have can you please tell me is it more likely a fracture or dislocation?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What type of fracture is it I have?

More likely a dislocation. But either way, you need to keep the cast on until your doctor tells you it is safe to take off.