Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have aches/pains mostly at night but sometimes when

Hi I have aches/pains mostly at night but sometimes when walking and standing. It seems to be running down the outside of my thighs and round the outside of knee. its mainly the right leg but sometimes the left. Its usually on the side that i am laying on. I dont think its because of any particular injury it just gradually come on but seems to be getting worse
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about the injury?
Customer: I have aches/pains mostly at night but sometimes when walking and standing. It seems to be running down the outside of my thighs and round the outside of knee. its mainly the right leg but sometimes the left. Its usually on the side that i am laying on. I dont think its because of any particular injury it just gradually come on but seems to be getting worse. No i havent spoken to a doctor trying to get an appointment is a nightmare
JA: Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: No it not that painful that i need to take anything its more annoying. Someone did suggest some stretching exercise but that did not really help
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing relating to this the only medication I am taking is 10mg vesicare for a weak bladder

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.
I need some more information please.
1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. How long has this pain been there for?
3. Is it only pain or is there any tingling and numbness too?
4. Is the pain aggravated by movement?
5. Has it started after any unaccustomed work or heavy exercise or weight lifting?
6. Are you a hypertensive or diabetic?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.
Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Female age 61. It started a couple of years ago but quite rarely and only after walking a lot but it seems to be most nights now. Its more of an ache. There is no numbness some tingling in my toes but I do have bunions which do also cause me problems. Sometimes when I walk a lot during the day but mainly now a rest at night when i lay on that particular side. No to question 6 that i am aware of.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi are you still there
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I cannot afford the £34 so I need continue by message please let me know that you are still there
I am reading through your response and I have already requested you to ignore the phone call request in my introductory statement itself please.

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities here are -

1. Muscular spasm or a pull of the tendon in the region which is caused by the bending or abnormal posture.

My suggestion will be to take tablet Ibuprofen 400 MG three times a day after food or on as and when required basis for a couple of days till the pain subsides.

If you are not better with this even after a week or if the pain is getting aggravated or if your perceiving any redness or swelling or heat over the region then you will require medical attention please.

Your physician might prescribe muscle relaxant which will set things right.

2. Although extremely unlikely vertebral compression or disc protrusion related radiculopathy has to be evaluated, if you are not better even after a week and your physician might ask for MRI spine to confirm the diagnosis please.

Meanwhile -

1. Keep yourself well hydrated.

2. Do not strain or lift heavy weights.

3. Do not do any abnormal, unaccustomed exercises or postures.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your help i will take your advise. One more thing I was really worried recently when i explained my symptons they said I might have PAD and reading up on this i frightened me.
Your symptoms are more neurological and do not look like a vascular disease please.

May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you that has helped to relieve my stress about this. I will follow up on the 5 star rating.
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.
Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani