Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a skin condition which is undiagnosed at the moment,

I have a skin condition which is undiagnosed at the moment
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: I have had it since September 2018, it has gotten worse. I have not noticed any major changes in my overall skin or nails.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: not that I can think of

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Could you please post some pictures of that for me on this page?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have attached 2 photos, can you see them? These photos are taken from my Labia and inner thighs

Got them--hold on please

Have you tried anything to treat that?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Started off in Sept 2018 as one lump which would come and go (itchy especially at night), it would go more than it came so never saw it as a problem. A few months later it spread and became worse so I saw a doctor, she never told me what she thought it was but prescribed me anti fungal cream. This worked for a week and after I stopped using the cream it came back worse. I left it for a while. May 2019 was the last time it went away for about a week, since then it hasnt gone away. During the summer it got itchier when hot so I went back to the doctors in September and I saw a different female doctor, she suspected folliculitus and gave me anti bacterial cream to try for 10 days. It only started working after 8 days so I used it for another 4 days. The same thing happened, as soon as I stopped using the cream it got worse. This time I had a rash on the back of my neck and lower scalp - not the same type of lumps but still just as itchy. The head has calmed down now, only flaring up now and again but the labia area has not improved. It seems to be spreading up my inner thighs and even onto my genital area. It is mainly itchy at night or when hot. Tight fitting clothes irritate it too. It is getting unbareable because I am scratching and making it sore but its so hard not to scratch. My doctor referred me to a dermotologist but I am still waiting to be seen,

It's called lichen simplex chronicus and it's a special type of dry skin contition

For now I suggest a combination of over the counter topical hydrocortisone cream and Caladryl lotion both applied twice a day for two weeks along with a daily 24 hour Claritin

If that doesn't clear it up you'll need prescription tacrolimus cream from your doctor

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you so much - you are my hero! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will go to the chemist now.

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon at the top of this page so I can get credit for my time with you