Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I fell at work, my knee is really swollen and heavily

I fell at work , my knee is really swollen and heavily bruised it hurts to bend it
Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: im resting it now it’s swollen down the outside and front of my knee
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Sorry to here about this

But what specifically is your question about it?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What can I do to make it better quickly , I’m due to work tonight and it’s a job that involves running around quickly for 9 hours

All you can do for now is the RICE treatment--rest, ice, ACE wrap and elevation along with ibuprofen

But you may have torn a meniscus--a cartilage inside the knee--or fractured your knee cap

So I suggest you see your doctor for an exam, x-rays and an MRI of the knee to evaluate that

Please let me know if you need any more information