Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I previously had pre cancerous cell in my bowel Iam having

I previously had pre cancerous cell in my bowel Iam having problems again with my bowel and have arranged to be checked again myoldest brother diedof bowel cancer my other brother is also having what is the likely hood i am likely to have cancer
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had cancer? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: they said it was pre caner cells abot 3 years ago
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about cancer?
Customer: I have an appointment ttsoon I know the chance it could be cancer is high Iam 78 and I will accept the outcome I just feel if I have some idea that is most likely to be caner I will be prepared
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: i had idiopathic throbcytopaenic purpura and had my spleen removed when iwas 21 Istill bled and had myomectomyat31 and then hysterectomy when i was 41
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
There are multiple risk factors for getting the colorectal cancer and the risk increases if you have more than one risk factors.They can be:
Age...more than 60 is a risk factor.
FAMILY history:If you have a family history of colorectal cancer, your risk of developing the disease is nearly double. The risk further increases if a first degree relative was diagnosed at a younger age like less than 50.
If you have previous history of precancerous lesions or polyps, the risk will increase further.
Previous history of other type of cancers like uterus, ovaries etc will also increase the risk.
So it is not possible to tell exact numbers but your age,family history and previous history of precancerous changes increase the risk to more than double from normal population.
I hope it helps.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Thanks alot.
Wish you best of health!