Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I recently got perscribed Glugophage 500 mg and Aldactone 25

I recently got perscribed Glugophage 500 mg and Aldactone 25 mg for polycyctic ovaries. I take 50 mg Zoloft a day and 1 mg xanax to treat depression and panic attacks. Will these medications worsen my depression or anxiety? Are there any interactions?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know. Regards

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There are many drug interactions;

1. Alprazolam causes increased levels of spironolactone that can reduce your blood pressure so keep drinking plenty of water to avoid that.

2. Zoloft and spironolactone, when taken together, can reduce your sodium levels to avoid that add table salt in your drinking water.

3. Spironolactone taken with metformin can increase blood sugar levels so monitor your sugar levels at least one time a week.

So there are interactions but you can still take these drugs together with caution. They are not contraindicated but you must take care of the above-mentioned possibilities. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It's my goal to deliver excellent services, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site. Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Perfect thank you! So does Spironolactone taken with metformin go against the purpose of taking metformin?
Yes but still it can be taken because in your case you are not being treated for diabetes.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much
Most welcome dear