How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Sohaib Your Own Question
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5972
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Sohaib is online now

I have a rash on the underside of my wrist, please could I

This answer was rated:

Hi, i have a rash on the underside of my wrist, please could I have some advice.

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks

Since how long do you have this?

Is it itchy?

Any discharge?

Similar marks on other wrist or arms or legs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had this for about 2 months or so, it is itchy occasionally and I haven’t noticed any discharge. I have one small red bump near my other wrist

Any treatment you have taken so far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing for it so far

Most likely this is contact dermatitis; you need to identify the trigger. It can be your watch, undergarments, soaps, or any other irritants.

Another possibility is of an insect bite, which has failed to healed completely due to allergic reaction causing itching and recurrent itching/irritation causes a continuous inflammation of the affected area.

For the time being, try 1% hydrocortisone cream and see how you respond to it in next few days.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much for your help and above Dr!

The itching should improve first of all. And then the rash will slowly disappear. Try to avoid any allergens (perfumes, soaps or chemicals).

If it does not help, then you need to see a dermatologist for clinical exam and skin biopsy.

I am optimistic that it will get better soon.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question. Bonus Always helpful.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That’s brilliant Dr, also, Are you just specialise in dermatology? I have another question about a spot on my genital area ?

Thank you.

Actually you have requested another question; another dermatologist will respond to it soon.

Dr. Sohaib and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, again, many thanks

Welcome and Thanks for visiting JA!