Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I pulled my hamstring on my right leg and have gone to a

Customer Question

Hi there, I pulled my hamstring on my right leg and have gone to a physio for it I was given some stretches and was told to do small amounts of yoga as well as rested it. The pain has gone in my hamstring and under my knee and my flexibility is starting to come back but my knee and ankle has started to feel loose and I can feel clicking and moving in my knee. Is this something to worry about or do I just need to strengthen it?
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Doctor will figure it out.
Customer: ok thanks
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had the looseness? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: about a day and I have been using ibuprofen gel on it
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the looseness?
Customer: no but I did have surgery for a dance injury on my knee about 2 years ago and after the rehab for that I felt similar loosens due to not using it for a while, and due to some other stuff in my life I haven’t been exercising for the last month, which was why I pulled my hamstring as well. so could that be why?
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: yes I had surgery 2 years on the same knee to reattach about a 1 inch piece of bone to my patella and I’m a contemporary dancer so I’m moving a lot and doing a lot of intense movements most of the time however I haven't been doing that for the past mouth
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 11 days ago.

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok thanks

When did it happen?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
pulling my hamstring?

Yes

Hello??