Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

My mum has recently had head and stomach scans after

My mum has recently had head and stomach scans after complaining of constant pain. We’ve just had a letter from hospital but not sure if I understand what it contains.....says there is a 10mm calcified lesion with is a granuloma in segment 2 - what does this mean?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Also they have found a LCA aneurysm, what is this? She’s 84
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No she complains of stomach ache and dizziness and can’t sleep

Could you please post the reports.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Did you get that?

Yes.

Thanks for the additional information.
I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No would rather chat online rather than call as mum is here and she jumps to conclusions. So I would rather explain to her

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control, as mentioned.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok no probs

LCA aneurysm may have a risk of rupture and causing brain hemorrhage and stroke or even death. This is an aging issue but may need endovascular coiling.

The granuloma is nothing to worry about. It is formed due to chronic inflammation and does not need treatment. Even hemangioma also does not need treatment.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yes thanks very much for explaining. I’ll call out doctors

You are very welcome.

Wishing your mother a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Sending good, healthy vibes your way.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.