Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a deep pain in my lower back and my tummy feels

Customer Question

i have a deep pain in my lower back and my tummy feels bloated. My name is*****: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I did hit my right side back about 9 days ago. That was getting better however last night i awoke with a severe pain in RHS of back. Any twisting hurts or just getting out of chair or bed.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am type 1 Diabetic
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is Dr. Uzair and I shall be assisting you today.

Do you have any other symptoms like diarrhea, constipation, burning in urine or difficulty passing urine?

Is there any bruising or swelling on the right hand side of your back?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Its the right hand side of lower back
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No none of those
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 days ago.

Alright, thank you.

In the absence of any other symptoms and because the pain is aggravated on movement, this seems like a muscle strain/cramp. I will suggest that you keep the area warm and sleep with a hot water bottle placed adjacent to it at night (no direct contact) and start on an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen 400mg thrice a day. You can also massage the area using olive oil or a gel like icy cool gel thrice a day.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Does my bloated tummy have anything to do with it. Could it be a cracked rib ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your response.

Bloating does not relate to lower back pain.

Rib fractures present with excruciating pain along with bruising and swelling in the area. We can rule that out since you mentioned not having brusing or swelling.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
my tummy just seems to have become bloated since last night.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 days ago.

Bloating can be caused by many things ranging from anxiety to something you ate.

A cramp in the muscle seems to be unrelated to it.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 days ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.