Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have come and going intense ear pains and constantly get

Customer Question

I have come and going intense ear pains and constantly get sick for the past 5 months, i ve been to doctors but they tell me it will heal with time but it always comes back, what should i do?
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I have no recent injuries, getting it wet or cold makes the pain worse
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 8 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 8 days ago.

Is there any pain on pressing the ear from outside? Do you have other symptoms like a blocked ear, recurrent flu, cough, etc? Does that pain feel like an electric shock?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It does not hurt on the outside and when i get sick (every 2-3 weeks) i cant hear well from my ears i have a flu i feel weak a sore throat and yes i cough
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 8 days ago.

Have you seen an ENT? Have they done your tympanometry test?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 8 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. The problem that you have is called acute otitis media. This occurs secondary to dysfunction of the ear tube present behind the nose. You can start with over the counter available tablet Claritin once daily for 10 days, steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily for 2 weeks, tablet Advil 400 mg thrice daily for 4 days, and Afrin nasal drops, 2 drops thrice daily for 3 days. Later you should see your GP to ask for Flonase nasal spray. If the symptoms persist after 3 weeks usage of Flonase, see your ENT and get a Tympanometry test and you may need to get tubes in your ears but the chance that you may need is just 5%. I reassure you being an ENT surgeon that there is nothing serious and you can get rid of this after following my advice. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 8 days ago.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It's my goal to deliver excellent services, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site. Regards