Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

For the last few weeks i have had chest pain ( getting worse

Customer Question

for the last few weeks i have had chest pain ( getting worse over the last three or four days ) with pain going sometimes into the left side of my neck and the left side of my back ( at the same level as my chest ) and in my left shoulder / arm
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: not had this bedore and every now and then short of breathe yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: had knee surgery about ten years ago, had a tia back in 2012 but all clear from that and no longer on meds for that ( not had to have meds for nearly a year ) alergy to ibrufen
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 7 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 7 days ago.

Any pain on pressing the area or moving the arm? Any pain in the back of the neck? Is that a sharp shooting pain?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
it feels like someone sitting on my chest
when i breathe in my chest feels tight
when i move my arm my chest hurts
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i prefer to type
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 7 days ago.

Yes sure, please wait, I am typing an answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ok
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 7 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. The likely cause of this pain is muscular because the way it hurts to move, that is typical of muscular pain. I don't think that it is related to the heart. I would suggest you try over the counter available tablet Advil 400 mg thrice daily and see if it helps in the next 24 hours. If it does, continue it for 5 days. If it doesn't then see your doctor, get X rays and you will need EKG as well. Later you will need strong pain killers and physical therapy. I am hopeful that nothing is serious and you are going to be alright, I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 7 days ago.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It's my goal to deliver excellent services, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site. Regards