Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have really bad stomach issues, my stomach cramps and is

Hi I have really bad stomach issues, my stomach cramps and is rock solid even if I've not eaten.
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: A long time, doctors have tested for chrones, ceoliac and IBD and its come back that they are normal
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I take pregabalin 100mg 2 times a day and sertraline every morning, I also have fibromyalgia, joint pain and hypermobility
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern.
I need some more information please.
1. How long have you had this symptom for?
2. Is there any alternating diarrhea and constipation please?
3. Are you experiencing any weight loss or loss of appetite?
4. Are you currently under any type of physical or psychological stress?
5. Is there any family history of irritable bowel syndrome?
6. Are you running any intermittent of recurrent fever?
7. When was your thyroid status last checked and if so how was it?
8. Is there any family history of inflammatory bowel disease?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
1. A very long time problery about 5 months
2. Yeah diarreah and not so much constipation
3. Loss of appetite but still putting weight on
4. Not currently but have previously
5.no
6.no
7. About 2 months ago and was fine
8. No

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that you may be having Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).

Irritable bowel syndrome, or "IBS," is a condition that causes belly pain and problems with bowel movements. Some people with the condition have frequent, watery bowel movements (diarrhea). Others do not have enough bowel movements (constipation). Some patients switch back and forth between diarrhea and constipation.

Symptoms include:

●Stomach pain and cramps, related to a bowel movement

●Diarrhea or constipation (some people switch back and forth between diarrhea and constipation)

●Bloating

●Gas

There is no specific test or investigation of choice.

You can:

●Start a diary to keep track of what you ate each day, what you did, and how you felt. That way, you can figure out if anything you do or eat makes your symptoms better or worse.

●Stop eating foods that might be making your IBS worse. Start by giving up foods that give you gas, and then give up milk, ice cream, and other foods that have traces of milk for 2 weeks.

●Eat more fiber, if you have constipation. You can do this by eating more fruits and vegetables. Or you can take fiber pills or powders. (If eating more fiber makes symptoms worse, cut back on the fiber.)

●Exercise. Do something active for 20 to 60 minutes, 3 to 5 days a week. Studies show this helps improve IBS symptoms.

Medicines can ease the symptoms of IBS. But no treatment can cure the condition. Counseling might also help with IBS, because stress and worry can make the condition worse.

The medicines that can help with IBS symptoms include:

●Medicines to ease diarrhea

●Medicines to ease constipation

●Antidepressants – These medicines work by blocking pain. When used to treat IBS, they are given at a much lower dose than would normally be given to treat depression.

●Medicines called "antispasmodics"

●Antibiotics – These medicines sometimes help with bloating and diarrhea in some people.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani