Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I am a female, 26 years old. I have irregular bleeding since

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am a female, 26 years old. I have irregular bleeding since just over a year.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes, I have had 2 ultrasounds done. One in the groin area on the left and one on the womb/ovaries. I have also had a xray carried out. All tests came back negative, showing everything is fine.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: My mum had irregular bleeding since over a few years. She had to have key hole surgery to remove the cysts.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My groin pain started about 18 months ago, 6 months after the irregular bleeding started. Since january 2020, my bleeding has become thin and more. My period also come early, the last time they came two weeks early, but the bleeding doesnt stop. Compared to last year, last year the irregular bleeding was thick with clots, whereas this year it is red and thin and more of it

Hello and welcome.

What did your doctor tell you about the irregular bleeding? Most such bleeding in a young woman is due to hormonal changes, and an ultrasound is not likely to be helpful.

Do you take any medications? Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello, thank you
Am not sexually active, no medications. I am physically healthy and fit. They also did a blood test, to see if one of the levels was high, I have forgotten what it was called, something to do with hormones, but it came back as borderline

Thank you. Unfortunately, blood tests are not usually a good way to know if our hormones are out of balance. Generally we can tell by the history of bleeding, plus the response to hormonal treatment. For example, birth control pills will almost always resolve hormonal bleeding. That's because they take over from out own hormones and produce a balanced hormone picture that produces normal regular periods.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My doctor said it might be due to stress. I am wondering, can your body do that to you though, to this extent? Where it makes you bleed continuously due to stress. Admittedly, my stress has increased, to the extent of where I have a high level of anxiety and find it very hard to control this. But I have taken some measures, to help me control this.

What stress does is to throw off your hormones. If you can resolve the stress, then your hormones can get back to normal. However, in the meantime, your doctor could give you hormones (birth control pills) which will resolve the bleeding.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay. Thank you for your help with this.

You're very welcome.

Thank you for your payment and rating.

And thank you for the generous bonus!