Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Can someone with depression body dysmorphia and ocd imagine

Can someone with depression body dysmorphia and ocd imagine pain

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.

What happens is that when you have depression or any psychological problem, your brain is not relaxed and there are chemical changes that have happened in your brain that have caused your symptoms.

Since everything is controlled by your brain, and if your brain is not relaxed, various parts of the body can start acting up. So the pain is real and it is not imaginary, but the pain is being generated by parts of the brain that are "tense" or "depression" or "not relaxed".

I hope I have made things a bit clear.

This is the reason why when a patient presents to us with pain and we have ruled out all causes, we consider a psychological disorder as the cause of the pain.

This is called a somatic disorder, where a person can have pains in various parts of the body, but the pain is real and you are not imaging it.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end.
Kindest regards

Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, my Son has been ill from the age of 13 he is going to be 20 next month like I said he is diagnosed with body dysmorphic disorder OCD depressive disorder there The only person he will talk to or see is me his mum or his grandmother he lives with three of his brothers at home but they haven’t seen him in five years they live in the same house we are waiting for a specialist units for him to go in as an inpatient but everything is taking so long now it’s come to the point where I can’t even talk to him every time I go into his room he starts blaming me for getting him circumcised and blaming me because he’s got a hearing loss the doctor say that it’s all psychological I’m just really worried about him I want to help him but I don’t know how anymore he is a very bright and intelligent young man, sometimes I feel like just telling his brother to just walk in his room and talk to him but because he hasn’t seen him and hides away for a long time I’m worried what will happen,

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks I can wait for answer