Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

My son has a swollen knee, i took him to the nurse

hello, my son has a swollen knee, i took him to the nurse practitioner yesterday, she said he has fluid on it. she gave him ibugel told to rest it. it seems more swelled today
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: yes it is swelled more today than yesterday
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: he does suffer with gout from time to time

What is your son's age?
Has he had this particular problem before?
Is there any history of trauma, and any other reliant medical history except gout?

Any pain/ fever/ rash?

Warm regards

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He is 42 he has downs syndrome no other problems, although he was sick in the night been ok since
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No sorry I haven't got that amount of credit on my phone

Please ignore any automatic message about online call ....

In this situation I would suggest that you can wait for a day, and if the problem worsens tomorrow, then you need to be checked by the GP for possible tests.

I cannot be sure as to the cause of the problem, but it may be related to a mild trauma like twisting of the knee, that can cause some inflammation,

Please remember to leave a positive rating if you found the answer helpful as this is the only way we are compensated for the time and effort spent answering your question,
You can always get back for any clarifications even after rating me,
Warm regards