Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I'm on antipsychotic abilify from past ten years. Can I get

Hello, I'm on antipsychotic abilify from past ten years. Can I get pregnant while I'm on it. Is it safe?
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Not really but I can tell more If any info is needed I stopped it once when I had my first child and restarted as my paranoid thoughts restarted after few years
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I believed people were spying on me. But after taking medication for 3 weeks all paranoid thoughts went away
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
Yes there is no harm in getting pregnant while on this drug. There is no risk of increased fetal birth defects or proven risk of misscarriage.
If you do become pregnant on this drug,don't stop using it and continue taking it,just call your doctor and discuss about further management options.Because stopping the drug can have worse outcomes.
I hope it helps.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You are welcome.
Please feel free to ask any questions if you have.
If you are satisfied please CLICK the stars on the top of your screen to rate my answer.
This is the only way I get compensated.
I appreciate it.
I appreciate your 5 stars rating!
Thanks alot.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks a lot