Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I been having like abdominal spams or tremors, I dont really

Hello . I been having like abdominal spams or tremors, I dont really know how to call it but my belly start doing involuntary movements and I cannot control them, until they stop . Lasts for about a couple of minutes or less. First time was a bit frightening but now I know Im okay afterwards, so I get more use to it. I have a video of it but I cannot send it from my computer

This is likely to be benign fasciculation syndrome.

Please read this authentic article and under the heading:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4192433/

Fasciculations in healthy subjects

It says;

Fasciculations can also be found in individuals with no neurological disease. Reed and Kurland warned that the presence of fasciculations was not necessarily a prelude to the onset of progressive and lethal disease, due to the involvement of the lower motor neuron (ALS).

These authors, in agreement with others, concluded that physical exercise, stress, fatigue and caffeine abuse can precipitate or aggravate this picture.

Muscle fasciculation or muscle twitching is caused by minor muscle contractions in one particular area or the persistent and uncontrolled twitching of a muscle group in the distribution of a single nerve fiber or filament. Usually, they are benign and resolve on their own, but persistent flutter may need following investigations;

1) electromyography (EMG)

2) nerve conduction velocity (NCV)

3) blood electrolytes like calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, etc

4) thyroid and parathyroid function tests

5) blood chemistry and complete metabolic profile

The common causes can be;

1) Idiopathic; no cause is ascertained and the majority falls in this group.

2) Increased caffeine intake

3) Increased alcohol intake

4) Medications

5) Deficiency in diet and nutrients / minerals

6) Some neurological diseases; uncommon

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks for the article . I just read it .. maybe can be that. How is the Diagnosis made? I though that maybe can be abdominal epilepsia .

You are very welcome.

Abdominal epilepsy occurs in kids usually. It is accompanied by nausea, vomiting, altered level of consciousness and sleep later after the attack.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i just press the link to read the article and didnt read you full text until now . So , now I know which are the following investigations for the diagnose . Thank you

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
about the abdominal epilepsy I have daily nausea , nearly every day and vomiting sometimes as well . but If only happen to kids , probably is not my case