Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I've been having issue when am in heat situation. I will

I am Michael, I've been having issue when am in heat situation. I will start feeling itching from inside of my body. But when am in the cold I dont actually feel any signs of itching. Is there any prescribed drugs I can get that help me with that itching from inside of my body when in heat situation please. Thanks
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: I dont have any medical conditions because I dont get sick at all except what i just told you.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing at all

This is called heat urticaria.

You may take Benadryl. This is available without the prescription.

This is also called cholinergic urticaria. Any stimulus that causes sweating, including elevated environmental temperature, hot food, sauna baths, immersion in hot water, spicy food, chilies, emotional stress, etc may cause it. Please read about it;

http://dermnetnz.org/reactions/cholinergic-urticaria.html

The diagnostic test for it is an intradermal injection of either 0.05 mL of 0.002% carbamylcholine chloride (carbachol) or 0.05 mL of 0.02% (0.01 mg) methacholine which produce a flare-up of cholinergic urticaria. Treatment options for cholinergic urticaria are;

1) antihistamines (cetirizine)/benadryl
2) leukotriene inhibitors (ketotifen), and
3) immunosuppressives.

Danazol and Beta-blockers, such as propranolol, have also been reported to be useful in treating the disease.

Desensitization with autologous sweat has been reported with good results in patients resistant to conventional therapy who have sweat hypersensitivity. In this, your own sweat is injected in the skin. Consulting with an allergy specialist would be advised.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I dont feel sweat, it's just when am in an hurting mood or they heat the room with too much heater, I felt that itching. But I will try your drug I just hope it works. Thanks

You are very welcome.

The sweating may not be even perceptible. It may be just the warm temperature of the skin which induces the itching.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Once I've gotten the drug, can you specify the dosage for me please? Thanks.

Which drug are you taking?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You suggested Benadryl, and, I've ordered for it. By today and or tomorrow, it'll get to me. So, am only asking how to use it when it gets to me. Is it 2-2 morning and night or 1-1-1. Just an advice please.

Taking it 8 hourly (one tablet) is recommended.