Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I'm having stomach problems, pain, dioreah, been happening

I'm having stomach problems, pain, dioreah, been happening for a while, missing my work with it now.
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: Pain for a few months, no vomiting or nausea, consistent fever though,as if I have the cold, dioreah every time I eat!
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Stress and depression, I'm a Widower.

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok dr Ben,awaiting your diagnosis!

May I ask some quick questions to help me give you the best answer today:

- How old are you?

- Any other medical problems or previous surgery?

- Any medications?

- What is you height and weight?

- Do you smoke (how many per day)?

- Do you drink alcohol (how much per week)?

- Any investigations so far (and results if known)?

- Any other symptoms e.g. weight loss, abdominal pain, passage of blood or mucus etc?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm 42, I've got asthma and a heart murmur, had surgery on my knees, hands and wrists. Take tramadol for knee and joint pain. I'm 5' 5" and 75kg, former smoker,on the vape now for 15 months, drink maybe 3 beers a day on average and I have abdominal pain and mucus, feel like I've had the flu for a few months on and off,have the odd ok day!

Okay, many thanks.

The most likely diagnosis is Irritable Bowel Syndrome, however it is important to exclude Inflammatory Bowel Disease (i.e. colitis, crohn’s) and Coeliac Disease before making this diagnosis.

I suggest seeing your doctor so that they can examine you and arrange some tests - bloods (FBC, Ferritin, Folate, B12, U&E, LFT, GGT, HbA1C, Coeliac screen, CRP) and stool sample (faecal calprotectin). These will help a great deal to confirm the diagnosis.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What is coeliac disease?

It is a gluten “allergy” (of sorts).