Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information and the image.
Throat looks normal too me except for the fissured tongue.
From your symptom analysis the image and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -
1. Viral pharyngitis. (MOST PROBABLE)
2. Eustachian tube blockage.
3. Streptococcal sore throat.
I suggest that you get a rapid antigen streptococcal testing done at your primary care physician.
If it is negative you do not require any antibiotics. If it is positive there will ask for throat swab culture and start on antibiotic. This is to rule out streptococcal infection or pharyngitis.
As of now I suggest -
1. Tablet Claritin one tablet once daily for 3 days.
2. Saline nasal drops one drop in each nostril every sixth hourly or as and when required.
3. There is pain or discomfort or fever you can take Ibuprofen 400mg 3 times a day after food or on as and when required basis.
4. Warm salt water gargling 3 or 4 times a day, 30 minutes before food for a couple of days.
There is nothing to worry about anything serious going on please.
May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.
I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani