Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have played with a head flu and a cough related I have had

Customer Question

I have played with a head flu and a cough related I have had two diabetes and cellulitis how will I get checked out
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: I woke up with it this morning
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No GTA
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 days ago.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. Since how long have you had this?

3. Are you having any sore throat or fever?

4. Is there any contact with anybody with streptococcal pharyngitis?

5. Is the pain in the throat predominant symptom or cough?

6. Are you having any lymph node swelling sin the neck region?

7. Is there any swallowing difficulty?

8. Did any of your contacts got diagnosed recently with streptococcal pharyngitis?

9. Can you upload an image of the throat?

10. Where is the cellulitis and can you upload an image of that too?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am 48 year old man ..
I woken up with this morning..
I have a little sore throat and head flu...
No
No
No
No
No
The cellulitis hasn't started yet
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information and the image.

Throat looks normal too me except for the fissured tongue.

From your symptom analysis the image and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -

1. Viral pharyngitis. (MOST PROBABLE)

2. Eustachian tube blockage.

3. Streptococcal sore throat.

I suggest that you get a rapid antigen streptococcal testing done at your primary care physician.

If it is negative you do not require any antibiotics. If it is positive there will ask for throat swab culture and start on antibiotic. This is to rule out streptococcal infection or pharyngitis.

As of now I suggest -

1. Tablet Claritin one tablet once daily for 3 days.

2. Saline nasal drops one drop in each nostril every sixth hourly or as and when required.

3. There is pain or discomfort or fever you can take Ibuprofen 400mg 3 times a day after food or on as and when required basis.

4. Warm salt water gargling 3 or 4 times a day, 30 minutes before food for a couple of days.

There is nothing to worry about anything serious going on please.

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 day ago.

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani