How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 14502
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Medical Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

After giving birth I had an injection in my leg which became

Customer Question

After giving birth I had an injection in my leg which became infected and was very deep. Every so often it flares back up and now is one of those times.. it’s very painful very red and starting to ooze
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: this has been ongoing problem
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 days ago.

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 days ago.

How long ago were you given this injection?

Can you upload a picture of the involved area?

What was done to treat this lesion in the past?



Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I had the injection nearly a year ago but the infection was so bad it took what felt like forever for it to clear up as it was really deep. I was given a steroid cream and 3 courses of fluxicillin when it flared up again I was given co amoxiclav and that cleared it very quickly (about 2weeks) I am trying to upload a photo but I’m having problems
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No medical conditions
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Still waiting for reply
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 days ago.

Since it has been going on for so long and is resistant to treatments you, really, need to consult with a wound care specialist. These surgeons will be the best trained doctors to fix this wound once and for all.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.


Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
With the corona virus effecting everything this doesn’t really help me I can’t even see an emergency doctor. How can I get a course of antibiotics to stop this infection as it is becoming more painful
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 days ago.

You can't without seeing a doctor in person.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 days ago.

Sorry I can't do more but the law has my hands tied.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.


Dr. Rick MD FACS