Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

WE HAVE AN EMPLOYEE WHO IS CONCERNED ABOUT CONTINUING WORK

Customer Question

WE HAVE AN EMPLOYEE WHO IS CONCERNED ABOUT CONTINUING WORK AS HIS PARTNER IS PREGNANT. SHE HAS SELF OSOLATED AND HE HAS ASKED WHETHER HE SHOULD DO THE SAME. WE HAVE 7 OPERATIVES WORKING NORMALLY IN A FACTORY WELL SPREAD OUT.
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: NO SYMPTOMS
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: NO
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: NO
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 days ago.

Hello, my name is Dr. Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 days ago.

The recommendations for self-isolation are for people who are over 70 years of age, people with pre-existing heart and lung conditions, people with diabetes, people on immunosuppressive therapy such as steroids or chemotherapy and immunomodulators, people who are showing symptoms of the COVID-19 and pregnant women.

If he is the primary care-taker of his pregnant wife, then he should self-isolate so that he is able to take care of her.

If he is not living with her or if she has self-isolated herself from her partner as well, then there is no need for him to self-isolate provided he does not fall in any of the above categories.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 day ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.