DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am 73 just returned from South Africa four days ago and

I am 73 just returned from South Africa four days ago and after getting in provisions I am self-Isolating. My daughter 38 years old has decided to return from SA too and arrives tomorrow - she intends to come and stay with me. I do have a cough, no fever, should I get a test before she arrives?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: Two days no other symptoms except a headache which I woke to this morning and had now gone, a little bit of tummy cramp yesterday
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am on a betablocker for an occasionally irregular heartbeat

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

If it is possible for you then you must get it tested

If that is not possible so you should stay in isolation till the symptoms resolve

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Where would I get it tested if I am discouraged from going to my doctors surgery/hospital?

This is the real issue as most countries tests only those who are highly suspected or severely infected

In your case they might not test you and you just have to follow the advise of self isolation

Do you have any other question?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
So it is not advisable to have my daughter to stay with me until the cough goes ? 14 days? Longer?

Ye minimum 14 days

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you I will see what I can arrange

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating