Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

3 weeks ago my doctor diagnosed a chest infection and

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hello, 3 weeks ago my doctor diagnosed a chest infection and prescribed amoxicillin. This appeared to clear up the problem, but I am now getting identical symptoms. I have contacted my GP but am told that they are closed due to Covid19, and that I should ring 111. 111 refers me to this on-line service. I probably just need a further prescription, but am worried about pneumonia. Can you advise?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take only a statin and an aspirin. I am not allergic.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am being examined for prostate cancer. Results of tests incudind biopsy are in, but I have to attend hospital on Thursday for results.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 15 days ago.

I am a moderator for this topic.

Unfortunately, at this time JustAnswer is not able to provide medical cards, appointments, prescriptions, sick notes, referrals, official assessments, home visits, or other similar items. There are no plans to introduce this service currently, however please do check back in the future as this may change.

In the meantime, would you like to continue with a specific question to our Experts, or would you like us to cancel your question and offer a refund?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, 3 weeks ago I was prescribed amoxicillin for a chest infection. This cleared for a few days but is now returning. My GP informs me that the practice is closed because of Covid 19. I am over 70 and am supposed to remain at home. Is there anything I can do.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 14 days ago.

You need a chest x-ray and also need a personal visit so the need for antibiotic prescription can be ascertained. Going to a walk-in clinic or accident emergency would be advised if your symptoms are moderate to severe.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Sending good, healthy vibes your way.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.