Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I am 79 live alone and am self isolating. I have HFpEF and

Customer Question

I am 79 live alone and am self isolating. I have HFpEF and periodically check my blood pressure. The diastolic reading has gradually increased over a 6 month period and now varies between 95 and 105 bpm.What do you advise please. Mr Kenneth Key
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I have been taking 1.25mg of bisoprolol fumeratefor approximately 4 years.My problem is shortness of breath when climbing stairs or walking up hill
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the shortness of breath?
Customer: Not recently but I was referred to a consultant four years ago and he prescribed the medication.However I was subsequently discharged. I am a very active person. In the current climate I try to walk for approx. 1 hour a day.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have underactive thyroid disease high cholesterol and acid reflux.for this I am on 100mg Levythyroxine. 10mg Atorvastatin. and 20mg Omeprazole
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 16 days ago.

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 16 days ago.

Do you have any symptoms?

Do you mean your diastolic blood pressure is between 95 and 105 mmHg? Or is this your resting heart rate? (bpm)