DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I'm a type 1 diabetic with osteomyelitis in my feet does

Customer Question

I'm a type 1 diabetic with osteomyelitis in my feet does this put me on the list to isolate for 12 weeks with the corroa virus,
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes I visit the diabetic podiatrist every week but I'm no on any antibiotics at the moment but I have been on them I've had this condition for a year now just wondering if I need to self isolate for 12 weeks,
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Type 1 diabetic high blood pressure depression neuphathyin my feet, and I'm also receiving laser treatment for my eyes sorry but can't remember wat my eye condition is called,
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: Yes I see a doctor regular, just need to no please if I shud isolate for 12 weeks for the corona virus???
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 15 days ago.

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Yes you are vulnerable due to diabetes and your immune system will be weak

So you must stay in isolation so as to avoid catching the virus

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Yes bit do i need to stay in for the 12 weeks or just the 14 days I'm very confused and also wat about my appointment that I have every week at the hospital to change my dressing?

You may need to stay in isolation for 12 weeks

You can talk to your doctor as there are dressings which can be done at home as well

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Do you have any other question?