Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I was just wondering if head lice is the same as lice in the

Customer Question

Hi I was just wondering if head lice is the same as lice in the groin area and if the treatment can bought over the counter
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: Basically I’m worried I have lice down below
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 15 days ago.

Pubic lice are different from head lice and you can use 1% permethrin lotion available OTc to treat it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can I buy this from a pharmacy please ?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What is the name of it please?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 15 days ago.

Yes, you can buy it from pharmacy and it comes by the name of permethrin 1 or pubic lice treatment lotion.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 days ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.