Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

My daughter is 8 months old on the 24 of this month, she has

My daughter is 8 months old on the 24 of this month, she has a rattling chest, a runny nose and is quite warm when I touch her. She is more sleepy than usual and more clingy than she would normal be.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: A Couple of days but she has been warmer than usual today. If she has her dummy or her bottle in then yes if she doesn’t have any of them in her breathing is ok. She hasn’t been eating properly either for a couple of days.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thank you

I suggest using Paracetamol to manage her fever and to increase the regularity of her feeds in order to maintain good energy/fluid intake.

Seek further medical advice/review if her temperature fails to improve after 4 days, she becomes short of breath (rapid/laboured breathing, use of neck and/or stomach muscles to breath), poor oral intake (less than 50% of normal, nappies dry) or significant drowsiness.

In the absence of these symptoms, you should be able to safely manage at home in light of current circumstances.

Self-isolation for for 7 days for her and 14 days for other household members applies.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No that’s it thank you

You’re very welcome, all the best.