DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

II have pbc (primary biliary cirrhosis) and have had a cold

Customer Question

II have pbc (primary biliary cirrhosis) and have had a cold and cough since the beginning of March. I’m no longer blowing my nose. Breathing OK but feeling nauseous and I have a metallic taste in my mouth and feeling nauseous.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: I have had a cough since the beginning of March.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don’t think so but I have had pbc for 12 years now and symptoms have worsened for that condition since I was prescribed antibiotics last September.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 14 days ago.

Hi, thanks, am reading your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

May be some derangement of liver function can lead to build up of some metallic element in blood and saliva. Harmless though so neglect it. Please take usual nausea medicine like domperidon or ondansetron. Even benadryl or promethazine may be taken.