Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had a miscarriage four months ago and have been trying to

Customer Question

Hi there. I had a miscarriage four months ago and have been trying to conceive since I got over this. My periods have returned to normal (approx 29 day cycle) but my latest period is overdue by about two/three days. I have done a pregnancy test which is negative. What can I do to find out what is wrong?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: yes not much but I’ve had cramps and breast sensitivity since about 4 days after ovulation and some lights brown bleeding/discharge around 10 days after ovulation
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have been off the pill over a year and a few months later I had some irregular bleeding but doctors could find anything. I was referred to a gynaecologist but became pregnant then and didn’t have that appointment.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 18 days ago.

All you need to do os to wait for 3 more days and test again in morning urine, it might be pregnancy. Otherwise it can be just a delayed period due to hormonal fluctuations, which can occur at times after miscarriage. Do not take the stress.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Okay. If it is a hormonal issue how can I access a doctor at the moment? I have also been trying for weeks to arrange my gynaecologist appointment that the hospital cancelled in December. I am worried as obviously I’m trying to conceive and this delay hasn’t helped. Also my job is a teacher and some people at work are expecting us to work this week even though schools are closed. Obviously I don’t want to commit to this if I was potentially pregnant or have another condition.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 18 days ago.

It is not possible and safe to see a doctor at the moment and you can just monitor for a while till you get a positive test. Most hormonal fluctuations settle on its own.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.