DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

Wife has ongoing UTI. First batch of medicine helped from GP

Wife has ongoing UTI. First batch of medicine helped from GP #1 helped. She moved GPs. Second batch from GP #2 didn't help - she was diagnosed with sickle cell and this particular medicine shouldn't be given to people with sickle cell. Can get through to her GP or see her medical records to find out what she was first prescribed that helped. She had kidneys checked and they were all fine. Not sure how to proceed and feel like theres some urgency because its been going on for months - she's just never got it sorted. Thanks for you help.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Sickle cell
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can't* get through to her GP

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Continue to wait

Hi, thanks, am reading your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

The guide to treat UTI is culture and antibiotic sensitivity report of urine.

FDA Approves Crizanlizumab, A New Drug For Sickle Cell Disease

DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience: MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns