Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

My wife has lost her sense of smell, we have read that many

Customer Question

Hi My wife has lost her sense of smell, we have read that many Dr's are saying this is possible a sign of Covid 19, can you please advise what we should do or this is not a sign of Covid 19
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: No she has never had a problem in th past and usually has a very good sense of smell, we have tried Vic;s vapour rub and severla potent after shaves and perfumes, to no avail.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: No it has just started yesterday but totally no sense of smell today.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: My wife suffers ulceraive Colitis
Expert:  neurosurg replied 12 days ago.

Hello -

Has she had any other symptoms? Fever, cough, congestion, etc?