Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

Do I need to self isolate if I have a heart stenosis? No

Customer Question

Do I need to self isolate if I have a heart stenosis?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: No symptoms,I take Clopidogrel 75,Evacal D3,Simvastatin and Amlodopine 5mg. Really would like advice on whether to self isolate
JA: The doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: Rang doctors and hospital was advised to go on line
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 8 days ago.

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 8 days ago.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 8 days ago.

Please can you clarify exactly what you mean by ‘heart stenosis’?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Faulty aortic heart valve
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 8 days ago.

Do you know any details about the severity?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 8 days ago.

It is difficult to be certain without full details of your condition, however if this valve problem has not caused any associated heart failure then the very strict ‘shielding’ rules will not apply. However, even though you don’t need to formally self-isolate I would still recommend that you strictly adhere to the recommended hygiene and social distancing measures outlined here:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 8 days ago.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 6 days ago.

Just checking to see if you received my last response as I haven’t heard back from you.